Social Icons

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Labyrinth Mini Series Part 4: Toby

I knew I wanted to do something stripey to represent Toby, and considering all he does for the whole film is er, wear a stripey onsie, here's what I did!

toby 1
toby 2

NYX JEP in Milk, Detrivore Bone, Barry M Dazzle Dust in no 85 Cherry Red, Inglot Duraline, Inglot AMC Matte Gel Liner in 76.


The more I look at this, the more it bugs me! I wish I’d worked out a way to make it not a triple wing and something more round and cute and more like a baby! It was also a nightmare to do on my wrinkly lids, so there’s lots of imperfections which are doing my head in. However, I do like the triple wing and I might try to see if I can incorporate that into a future look without bringing it all the way through the lid. I added the little circles to represent to poppers on his little outfit, as that’s the only non-stripey detail!

This is Toby (real name, for those who aren’t Labyrinth geeks! Toby Froud is the son of Brian Froud, an amazing illustrator who did all the art and character design for the film) as a baby…



D’aww! And here’s Toby as an adult…


Not bad at all!

12 comments:

  1. This is my favourite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the triple wing and stripes, very creative interpretation of Toby's outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the precision in this is surreeeeeeeeeeeeeeal. wow. man
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really hard to do. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this look amazing! Even if it's not perfect in your eyes. The triple wing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian Froud's illustrations had a massive influence on me as a kid. And yet i've never seen labyrinth. For shame. I love that Inglot liner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian Froud's illustrations had a massive influence on me as a kid. And yet i've never seen labyrinth. For shame. I love that Inglot liner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Eyelinerplaying for real!! Fascinating! And i don't get your imperfection talk!
    And i always vote for triple wings, so yiiiha!!,/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do the Fireys, and the two headed guards that look like cards perlease, fanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A TRIPLE WING!!! This excites me. The more wings, the better!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap