Social Icons

Saturday 21 December 2013

Um…A Vibrating Sponge?

Yep, I'm totally serious. While buying cute nail polishes from Korea a while back I stumbled across this utterly bizarre thing and for some reason, found myself putting it in my basket.  The claims of “more strong 4D vibration”  were just too much. I don’t want 2D vibration. I don’t even want 3D vibrations. I want 4D. 4D VIBRATION. Please read the listing I just linked because it is a beautiful thing. They apply foundation on an orange.

1387629863880

IMG_20131220_061812

The sponge comes in a shiny metallic packaging and looks rather cute - there's a choice of gold, pink or blue casing. Inside is your sponge, which is a decently thick, dense disc-shaped latex sponge on a plastic backing which clips into the egg. You can detach the sponge to wash it and you can buy three refills on eBay for a few quid.

And then, of course, there's a little button on the side to make it vibrate. I really don't know what the deal with this is supposed to be. I guess it feels nice (ON YOUR FACE, YOU VILE CHILDREN) and it seems to apply things a little more smoothly than a normal sponge, but I don’t see any major application benefits to be honest.

So. Its.... um... well, it's a sponge. And it vibrates. Yeah. I really don't understand this product! I mean, it's kind of cute and the listing is hilarious. If you're the type of person who uses a sponge, I guess it's nice to have one in a case that closes up and doesn't bum around the bottom of your makeup bag, collecting pencil shavings and miscellaneous lipstick smudges. Other than that.... well, I bought it because I'm childish, what can I say?

If you want to try this out, you can get it here on eBay for just under £5.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sick of my stoopid stationary sponges. Just what the hell is their problem? This is the future, right here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what to say, LOL! The listing is hilarious...."Complete your makeup with vibrator and soft touch massage"...."vibrator" and "soft touch massage" are not the words I usually think of when it comes to makeup.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap