Social Icons

Thursday 30 December 2010

Baby, you want me?

Well you can get this Lapdance here for fre.. uh, $2-4 dollars.

No, I'm not talking about boobies, you uncouth hooligans. Susan managed to defy the laws of space, time and Christmas and I got an order I placed on 17th December today - for something from the States at this time of year, that is pretty impressive.

What I ordered:

Blushes:
Pink Outrage
Fantasia

Petit Eyeshadows:
Making Merry (Holiday 2010)
Innocence (Naughty and Nice collection - Nice)
Lap Dance (Naughty and Nice collection - Naughty)
Honey Pot (Naughty and Nice collection - Naughty)

Eyeshadow Sample:
Chococat

and I also recieved:

Legacy eyeshadow (GWP)
Santa Baby eyeshadow sample
Candy Cane Lane Kiss Me Tinted Lip Balm Sample




I really, really like Chococat - I think it's going to make a great liner! Legacy which was my free gift is a perfect copper, with green-gold sparkles, so a good staple colour. The satin finish of Innocence is goooorgeous - I want to try it as a cheek highlighter. Santa Baby is beautiful too - I think it's slightly more pink in real life than in the swatch.



And these are my favourites. Honey Pot - ohhh, fuck yes. It's shitting awesome. It's also pigmented like woah. Making Merry is something all purple fans should snap up immediately - it has an aqua/green shift and red glitter. I love purple and gold together so it'll go nicely with Honey Pot. Lap Dance is a little sheerer, perhaps, than the other two, but not by much. You can't tell from the photo on the Darling Girl site, but this shiz is crammed with purple glitter - just like a strippers knickers. The glitter brushed off when I dry swatched this (Susan says to use a sticky base on the site) and there is still some purple shift there, which is good.



Candy Cane Lane - I really need to buy one of the Darling Girl balms as they seem really moisturizing and the tint shows up on my lips. This one smells EXACTLY like candy canes - not just like peppermint, like Polos, but the sweet minty smell of candy canes. Luckily I had a box to hand so I ate one right after applying this!




Zee blushes. The lighting here is obviously pretty poor, but you can see the violet shift that Fantasia -which is more peach, less orange -has. I'm verrrry excited to try this on. Pink Outrage is also pretty awesome... its actually quite sheer and sparkly, compared to in the jar where it looks like a neon bubblegum! Again, more pink in real life. Hopefully I can get a better picture when the weather faeries deem England worthy of the sun again.

Well, I'm still totally sold on Darling Girl Cosmetics. I'm so glad I chose some eyeshadows for my second order. I can't wait to for the Hello Kitty collection, which from what I've seen looks SUPER KAWAII!

Have you ordered from DG yet? What are your favourite products?

Robyn xxx

11 comments:

  1. wow, REALLY liking what i'm seeing! so need some in my life, especially the honey pot...yowsa

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMN YOU! Now I need to make another order...I was going to wait for the Hello Kitty collection but I want Lap dance, making merry, um everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I think I have most of these colors! They are so awesome! Making Merry is so beautiful! And I'm excited for the Hello Kitty collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, I am so glad you got Honey Pot and Making Merry, they are so awesome, like WOAH! And holy shit I love those blushes. Darling Girl, FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shiz! I really want Chococat and Honey Pot, also Making Merry is pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Innocence is exactly my type of colour, I love it! You're so right about Seche Vite - forget about chipping, this morning the whole thing just peeled right off a couple of my nails! No need to nail varnish remover! And I also noticed that it's starting to peel off my MAC brushes - I got over the numbers with a clear varnish and thought it would be the best for it, but my clear Barry M is far better! Happy NYE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @socialitedreams: Its an amazing colour, I think it'll make for a really funky liner!

    @kimberley: I can't wait for the HK collection, Susan posted the cutest green from it the other day!

    @The Peach: I can't wait to wear Making Merry, I might wear it with a red crease for NYE if I have time

    @MakeupZombie: Fantasia is an amazing blush! Its really unique, like WOAH.

    @nerdy girl: I totally bought chococat for the name :D

    @Kat O: Innocence is really lovely. Even though I do favour the bolder brighter colours I hate it when an indie company doesn't have a good selection of neutrals. That sucks about Seche Vite. I just really want it to work for someone because of all the good things I've heard about it... It makes me think I'm a bit mad because it doesn't work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't ordered from DGC but these swatches are so pretty! You should do a look with Honey Pot and Making Merry. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WTF HONEY POT WHY ARE YOU NOT IN MY COLLECTION ALREADY. Also, I C U THUR, making an N*E*R*D reference >;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love DG! I am doing a haul post as I type. I got some great ones this time, you should check out Electra, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap