Social Icons

Saturday 29 September 2012

Bargain Alert: L.A Colors Jumbo Eye Pencils

Sound a little familar? If the name made you think of the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils, you’re on the right track. These babies are cream eyeshadow pencils in the same chunky format, with very similar (albeit black) packaging to their NYX counterparts.

LA Colors Jumbo Eye Pencils

la colours pencils


L.A Colour Jumbo Eye Pencil Swatches
L.A Colours Jumbo Eye Pencil swatches

L-R Popsicle, Bikini Time, Cherry Blossom, Iridescent Light, Limeade,  Summer Love, Sand Castles.

Check that shiz out – matte, shimmer, iridescent AND glitter formulas. And this is only a small portion of the colour range, there appeared to be at least twenty shades in store. Very nice, L.A Colors, very nice! These are a very similar formula to the NYX pencils – pigmented and creamy enough that you don’t totally lose the colour when you apply these thinly as an eyeshadow base. If I’m honest, they’re pretty much exactly the same bloody thing, but different colours. They didn’t have a white or black cream, for example.


The best part though? You can go and BUY THEM IN A SHOP. IN THE UK. AND THEY’RE 99p. Ninety nine pennies! You can pick up these bad boys – and a ton of other 99p goodies including the suprisingly good L.A Colours polish range – from Beauty Base. Sadly I can’t find them on their website and apparently L.A Colours is a bugger to get hold of in the states as well, but should you see some on your travels, they’re well worth snapping up.

10 comments:

  1. These are interesting it's a brand I don't see much but often wonder about

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Really tough to find over here too! Would love to have these though, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to visit a Beauty Base and see, though when I went to the one at Westfield Stratford, I couldn't find the lip liners you recommended :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to see LA Colours all the time in Singapore! Can't find it here in China though :( This looks like a really good product too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh these are very pretty colors! LA Colors isn't difficult to find in my neck of the woods... if you're happy with just finding one or two items at a time :( Lots of places will carry just a few nail polishes, or three shades of lipstick, or one eyeshadow palette, etc... Very frustrating! I'm not sure if you have these, but we have some Asian accessory shops that sell imported inexpensive shoes, scarves, and jewelry, and a couple of them have a lot of LA Color makeup. None near me, but the next time I am near one I'll look for these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's an afro hair supply shop near me that has random bits and bobs from the line, but only a few things at a time too!

      Delete
  6. Do they crease like the NYX pencils? If not, I'm So grabbing some of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only used Milk and Black Bean, Milk doesnt crease on me but BLack Bean does... These are all fine on me!

      Delete
  7. I hope these links work,
    http://www.lacolors.com/Jumbo-Pencil-&-Sharpener-2682.html

    but to buy, i was sent here.

    http://www.cherryculture.com/cosmetics/makeup/l.a.-colors/la-colors-jumbo-eye-pencil-/17785&cat=0&page=7

    hope it helps somehow!! I'm between buying these and NYX.
    Which so you think are better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'm not sure. I've not used that many NYX colours, and I tend to just repurchase Milk now. I think it's going to be down to the colours that you want.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap