Social Icons

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Bargain of the week: LA Colors Lipstick in Matte Amethyst

My favourite budget buy for a long time…

LA Colors Matte Amethyst

la colors matte amethysy

 

Ooooh, isn’t that bloody gorgeous? If you disagree, we can’t play together any more. I spotted this out of the corner of my eye in Beauty Base and I thought in the store lighting it might be a dupe for MAC Up The Amp, which it very much isn’t. Horrifcally cheap looking as the packaging is – and at 99p, what did you expect, woman? – the product itself is actually rather nice. A creamy satin formula, it’s pigmented and unlike some other very cheap lipsticks, stays put without the need for a lip liner. I think “matte” is slightly misleading, but it’s not exactly a glossy formula. Sometimes buying such cheap product is a real gamble as you may well end up just wasting product, which isn’t nice, but I’m very pleased with this colour!

If you can face the horror of looking through a display utterly ravaged by rabid teenagers with pocket money to spend, this is well worth checking out.

6 comments:

  1. These kinds of shades look gorgeous on you! I don't think I could pull it off so easily x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh it looks lovely! I'm gonna have to get it, 99p can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very pretty! I love cheap products that end up being surprisingly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sold! We don't actually have LA Colors available in Australia, so I recently tried out a few through Cherry Culture. Very much a hit or miss thing when you can't swatch. The Brown Sugar didn't look anything like their example & I couldn't find swatches online. It's ugly & slides off & bleeds within half an hour. The Chocolate is more of a murky brick blah, but has far better staying power and isn't as slimy. Mocha is reasonable, has fairly decent staying power... but is boringly predictable.

    I was worried that all the colours would be like that & didn't dare stray into the territory of stronger, brighter colours as browns tend to be less patchy on application.

    This looks fabulous! I'm definitely placing an order for it in the next couple of days. Might even grab a Berry Ice. Meh, they're cheap, but I have quite a few teen relatives who'll take 'em off my hands if I don't like 'em. At that price, it's cheaper than having them sift through my jewellery & 'borrow' pieces permanently...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap