Social Icons

Saturday 1 October 2011

Quickie Review: Hard Candy Glamoflague (Tattoo coverage!)

Racheal went to the States for her holibobs recentely and very kindly offered to pick me up a few bits and bobs which I'll slowly be going though. I was quite excited to get hold of Glamoflauge - I've heard so many good things about it that even though I don't really wear concealer, I really wanted to try it.



As always, the Hard Candy packaging is lovely!







The cream is very  - a little goes a loong way! The pencil is a pretty standard concealer pencil in my opinion - quite creamy though. This is shade 'light.' It's perhaps half a shade too light for me, so I've been wearing it under my foundation.




The concealer claims to be able to conceal tattoos - well, look at the results for yourself. You can still see the black lines, but not any of the pink. (His wing on the left hand side is covered - I just did this really quickly as this tattoo is under my right arm and thus not very accessible!)

I'm not sure why you'd bother, to be honest, but there you are! I'm guessing this is meant to be a dupe of the Kat Von D concealer, which I understand even less than this one. (Y U want to conceal tattoos, Kat?!) Anyway, the packaging advises you to draw over the darker lines with the pencil and then layer the cream, 2-3 times - this is three layers. If I had to do this on a model, I'd probably use the relevant correctors instead of the pencil, and then use the concealer.


All in all, this a bloody good concealer if you need to conceal the shit out of something. It's a little too thick for under the eyes, in my opinion, and it sinks into my fine lines pretty quickly, but if you're hanging out of your arse and have big dark eye bags, this is going to do the job. I've had some monster spots this week and this is doing a good job on them!

I'd like to see more of a colour range as these are only available in 3 shade, which is a shame because for around $6 I don't think you'll find a better budget heavy duty concealer. Apart from the fact these are only available from Wal-Mart and the Wal-Mart site, which sucks, I love this and when I run out I'd probably try and get hold of it again.

Big thumbs up from me!

15 comments:

  1. I will be definitly trying this for myself. I do coverr up my tattoos sometimes because im a business major student and a lot of business oriented things I do, a lot of people frown on my wrist tatttoo. So I have to sometimes. I also have kinda bad acne so hopefully this'll hide everything. Thanks for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the KvD tattoo concealer is supposed to be for wedding days, or something. The main problem I have with this concealer, is that I doubt there's a match for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. baha! "hanging out of your arse" <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I was interested in seeing this when I got it for you, the Hard Candy stand was ransacked when I went O.O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robyn
    I was just browsing and saw ur website,its awesome, I really like your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I'm guessing it would do just as good a job on spots too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BIRDY! I love the birdy. I have 2 tattoos but they're fairly dumb. One is just a name (I know, I know) and the other sucks because I didn't make sure the guy, who was a good artist, was actually good at translating his art skill to tattoos.

    I've seen the concealer and have been tempted to buy it, but I think even the lightest one is too dark for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh this would be awesome for my monster blemishes, but the limited shade range scares me, since I have such a weird skintone D: *whines*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is potent stuff! I wouldn't even have known your little birdy had another wing! :P But.. yeah why would you need a concealer this thick and pigmented? Surely people only want to cover their tattoos for modelling work, so it seems weird that a drugstore brand would make a concealer for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I fell in love with hard candy when I was in Ireland, but unfortunately i was a teenager at the time and didn't have the thickest wallet so... anyhow, this concealer seems to be something! Not bad at all from watching the tatoo-pic!
    Good for you finding such good concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use this concealer under my eyes. The key for it to work is using the tiniest pin drop possible and applying moisturizer before to help it glide on. The have to agree that the downside is the limited color range.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *sobs* Why can't Hard Candy come back to Britain? I loved them so much. Been desperate to try this and even more so now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome review! This stuff is srs bzness, for sure. I use it under my eyes when needed, but only on the really dark purple part I get just under my tear duct, then I use a mousse concealer to blend it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ' if you need to conceal the shit out of something' --> hahahahaha. imagine this to be the proper slogan they use on telly. would love that.
    i need this camouflage thing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm surprised that Hard Candy makes such a great concealer. I would never have trie a foundation/skin type of product from them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap