Social Icons

Thursday 2 January 2014

2013 Favourite Round Up!


 
Alrighty kids, time to jump on the old bandwagon! It's really hard trying to come up with favourites from a whole year - do you pick the things that wowed you or your staples? The below is a little of both, but mostly the things that I've used the most often.
Benefit Birthday Suit

Eyeshadow or equivalent: Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in Birthday Suit - I use this all the time as a base for work. It never leaves my makeup bag! For more fun colours, I fell in love with MAC Old Gold pigment, and the limited edition Darling Girl Don't Teal Me You Love Me.
 
One of the bazillions of times I've used the MUA palette this year!
 
 Palette: Most used is MUA Undress Me Too for sure. A dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2, it's an absolute essential for me - I use it almost every time I do eyeshadow! For £4, the quality is really lovely.

 Eyeliner: My Collection felt tip pen, and the Rimmel Scandalise nude pencil - I use both almost every day, and they're both dead cheap. I should really review both as they're such HG items for me!
 
 
Before and after wearing Missha Signature BB cream
 
Face/base: Missha Signature Wrinkle Filler BB Cream. Even though I got this at the end of the year, it's knocked all the foundations I used in 2013 out of the park!
 
 Highlighter: Boots No 7 Vital Enlightening Highlighter. This was a limited edition from 2012. I will cry when it's gone.
 

Before and after: Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
 
Concealer: I only got this right at the end of the year, but the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer is wonderful!
 
Wearing Sleek Suede blusher
 
 Blush: Sleek Suede is my favourite blusher of all time. I wear it at least three times a week - it's basically perfect.
 
 
 

MAC Subculture Lip Pencil, MAC Nightmoth Lip Pencil, MAC Viva Glam V
  
 Lipsticks/pencils: Narrowing these down is always bloody hard as I'm a total lip fiend! Mac Nightmoth and Subculture lip pencils have been total staples for me this year, as has MAC Viva Glam V which I really need to repurchase.
 
Revlon Adorned
 
 Lipgloss/tar/cream: Chanel Glossimer in Savage Grace which I'll be reviewing soon. Also, the lovely Revlon Adorned. Look at that gorgeousness!
 

The lovely Real Tecnhiques Blush Brush
 
 Brush/tool: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (duh), Real Techniques Blush Brush and the e.l.f eyeshadow brush. For £1.50 I love these bad boys!

 Skincare: Weleda Skin Food! I have a review of this coming up, but it's basically saved my skin!

 Perfume: Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche. Even though generally I prefer 'brothel madam' scents, I always, always come back to this bottle of gorgeousness!

 Bath/body: Lush Rose Jam shower gel, basically all the Soap and Glory ever, especially the scrubs which I repurchase time and time again. I also like the huge Clean On Me shower gel.

 Hair product: Elnett hairspray. Forever. Won't use anything else!
 

Etude House polishes from the Minnie collection
 
 

 Biggest let down: Illamasqua Skin Base. Sorry Illamasqua. I really, really, really tried to love this!

 

And my favourite look from this year... let's be honest, it's got to be drag! I really, really want to do more of this, it's much better than my real face :D

I wish you and your loved ones all a happy, healthy and creative 2014! Please share your favourites with me below as well or leave a link so I can check out your pretties!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that Benefit Birthday Suit shade looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's both kind of boring and kind of amazing at the same time. It's a great everday shade and the formula is really good - lasts all day on my lids with no primer and that and it being a cream means it's great for early starts.

      Delete
  2. Fun post :) also super glad a couple of things I got ya/recommended are in here I must have some taste :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap