Social Icons

Friday 24 January 2014

2true Prime Perfect–A Benefit Porefessional Dupe?

Beloved by many, the Benefit Porefessional primer has been a hit since it's release. I'm not a huge primer fan for many reasons but I do like to try the new hot thang on the block, and enjoyed a couple of mini bottles of Porefessional well enough. When I heard that 2true, a somewhat ignored budget brand from Superdrug, had released a dupe, I had to check it out!

2 True Pro Prime Perfect

That is a LOT of claims on the bottle right there. Hydrating and brightening AND mattifying? Protects from what exactly? Oh, companies. Just quit it already!

2 True Pro Prime Perfect Swatch

If you're familiar with Porefessional, this looks exactly the same! The product has a tint to it, but I don't feel it provides any coverage, so there goes the 'evens skintone' claim. It definitely doesn't brighten either - like most silicone based primers, you'll get a more matte look.

 Again, like Porefessional, a little goes a long way and it works really well to smooth out your skin and reduce the appearance of your pores and fine lines without feeling too heavy. If you're really oily, it won't do much for you in way of oil control but for me, I find it does help to prolong the wear of my foundation and stop the shin peeping through on my t-zone. I like to use it with a BB cream for a fuss-free face for work when I want to look a little more polished.

If you like Porefessional but can't stomach the £24.50 price tag or brave the scary Benefit ladies, I'd really, really recommend hunting this down. It's a fiver, y'all. And to my eyes (and face!), it's exactly the same.

3 comments:

  1. hmm I don't mind porefessional for my nose (big pores there) but could never pay £25 for it will keep an eye out for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my make-up done at a benefit counter... well I say done, I got pulled onto a chair whilst she worked wonders on my face. I loved the Porefessional, however just too darned expensive for me :( But thank you so much for writing this post about this dupe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish 2True was still available to Belgium ... for some reason we can't buy it here anymore :(
    Such a pity , i liked the brand !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap