Social Icons

Tuesday 14 January 2014

AmazingCosmetics AmazingConcealer Review

I'd heard about this brand on YouTube a while ago and remember thinking you must have pretty big cahoonas to call yourselves 'AmazingCosmetics' if your products were anything but. I happened across this set on clearance in TK Maxx and picked it up out of curiosity.
 
 
Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer Kit

amazing concealer bag
 
 
AmazingCosmetics claims that "AmazingConcealer is a full coverage, water-proof concealer that makes all skin imperfections disappear...has a complexion-perfection, highly-pigmented formula that gives a natural-looking finish and full coverage for everything from dark circles to blemishes'.”
 
 
I can't find the kit online anymore, but these are two of the 'Little AmazingConcealers,' containing 6ml each. They also offer a larger, 15ml option for their concealer. The kit had a branded clear bag, a concealer brush and a small clear jar which I cannot see the use for in relation to this kit! The value of this kit excluding the jar and bag is $74, so around £45. I got it on sale for a fiver, so go me!

 
Amazing Concealer Swatches
Fair Golden, Medium Beige.
 
The shades in this kit were 'Fair Golden' and 'Medium Beige.' Fair Golden isn't a dead-on match for me, but it was workable enough for me to review and test the product. There are 20 shades in the range, all with their undertones listed on the website which is great for those who can't try it instore. The shades are grouped into 'fair' 'medium' and 'tan,' which kind of craps on their claim of 'no skintone left behind.' (This is bullshit, companies, y’all hear? Bullllshiiit. It can't be true, so just don't say it.) Anyway… as you can see from the swatch, a little goes a long way! This has an unusual texture –  it’s almost like a thick gel.

 
Amazing Concealer Swatch Before and After

On my right, no concealer. On my left, concealer. Well, duh.

Okay, let’s start grilling this bad boy! Under the eyes, the coverage is pretty darn good. No arguing with that - it combats both the darkness and the redness in my undereye area well. However, I find this really hard to work with under the eyes. As said, a little goes a long way, and this stuff is pretty thick. I find it too thick to blend out with a brush, and it’s difficult to blend a small amount out with your finger on a delicate area under the eye when the texture is a little tacky. I found it creased up before I could finish blending it out, which made it a pain in the butt to set with powder. I’m not convinced on this as an undereye concealer for me personally, but I’m going to try and make this work because I like the coverage and texture a lot.


On the face, I like this much better. I find the consistency much easier to work with on a smaller area, and the little brush that came with the kit is useful for blemishes. You really need to use the tiniest little bit and tap it over your blemishes – if you’re used to working with OCC Lip Tars, that’s how little an amount we’re talking here. Start with the teeniest blob and go back for more if needed. Because you need so little to gain coverage, a tapping motion works best when applying this concealer and that'll cover your blemishes a treat!
 
 The website claims all sorts in terms of wear – that it’s waterproof, for example. Unfortunately I don’t find it particularly long wearing – not to say that it’s bad, but when you’re expecting it not to budge all day and it needs to be touched up in the afternoon along with the rest of your makeup, it does miff you a wee bit.


Would I recommend this? Hmm… possibly. For some, this is going to be really great – a little goes a long way, it covers well and there is a good shade range for fair-medium dark skintones. So that'll make it a winner for a lot of people. However, while it wears pretty well on blemishes, I think there are much longer wearing concealers on the market and of course, this is something that is very dependent on your skin type anyway. For my undereye area, I find it difficult to apply and set.  When it’s not on sale, it’s pretty darn expensive at $28 for the smaller tube, and obviously for non-USA people, it’s going to be a pain in the arse to get hold of! It’s a nice addition to my makeup bag, especially due to it's size and the amount you need, but I was really dissapointed with it under my eyes and wished that it lasted longer on the skin.

Have you tried anything from AmazingCosmetics? What is your favourite multi-purpose concealer?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap