Social Icons

Friday 17 January 2014

Jessica…Dragit? Drag makeup experiment

Netflix added RuPaul’s Drag Race a week or so ago, so naturally I’ve been doing nothing else except watching that! I am absolutely fascinated with drag makeup, and even though I’m, you know, an actual girl, I kind of love doing it. It’s certainly a challenge to do and there’s a *ton* of stuff you can learn from doing it, so I kind of see it as a worthwhile waste of a couple hours!

I apologise for the nasty picture quality , but it’s dark and dingy here constantly, and I have a new camera I don’t know how to use yet. Score!

jessica dragit 7

jessica dragit 6

jessica dragit 8

Jessica Dragit 2

Jessica Dragit 3


I went more old school, comedy drag than sexy drag which was fun to do!However, let’s just say there are a lot of things I’d try differently next time! I like how the false brows worked out, but I really need to suck it up and try to cover my own brows properly instead of finding creative ways to draw over them as this didn’t work out so well.  I like how the cheeks worked out (low contour inspired by Divine yo) but I can’t for the life of me work out that frigging nose thing all the queens do at the moment. Boo!
 
Next time I try this I’m not going to be scared like I have been, and I'm really going to pile that face on and let it bake! I just physically can't bring myself to apply that much makeup...yet!

I used a whole bunch of crap for this, but if you’re gagging on my eleganza and need to know what I’m wearing please just say and I'll let you know.

8 comments:

  1. I love Rupaul, so watching that show was a lot of fun... I saw he has a makeup set out EmilyNoel did a Youtube video on it. Drag is hard to do and most people are afraid to even attempt it, you did good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really hard - you think you know the deal and you really don't! You gotta try these things...It washes off!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! It's really hard - you think you know the deal and you really don't! You gotta try these things...It washes off!

      Delete
  2. This photo by Mathu Andersen changed my life! (well, at least the way i do my nose...) https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/861134_10151301178568404_1372652407_o.jpg

    Hope that helps a bit, you really need to forget your real nose and just paint on what you want it to look like.

    Good job on the eyes, I love the eyeliner and the lashes! Wouldn't hurt to go bit darker with the contour and brighter on the highlights on the face, that always makes it look more "draggier".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matti, I love Matthu! The contrast was a little more out there irl, but I could stand to take it a good amount further!

      Delete
  3. Awww...this is so pretty. Love the color. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap