Social Icons

Thursday 9 January 2014

Quickie review: Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in Savage Grace

For Christmas, the lovely Rachael sent me a gorgeous package full of the most adorable Sanrio candy (if you think that’s still around you’ve got another think coming!) and this absolute stunner of a gloss from Chanel! I was very touched she sent me something so lovely and was really excited to wear it!
 
Chanel Glossimer in Savage Grace
Chanel Savage Grace Double C
 
That double C, though. Chanel makeup just makes me feel damn fancy, there’s no two ways about it! So, the packaging is undeniably beautiful, what does it look like on the lip?
 
 
Chanel Savage Grace Swatc
 
Click to embiggen and see the sparkle! This is one layer of the gloss applied using the doefoot wand it comes with. Chanel describes Savage Grace as a ‘deep shimmering garnet.’ Garnet, Chanel? Garnet is red, homeslices. This shit is pink. And a beautiful pink at that.
 
Savage Grace over MAC Rebel

And just for funsies, here it is layered over MAC Rebel lipstick. If this isn’t a damn gorgeous pairing I don’t know what is!
 
 
One swipe of this leaves a gorgeous colour pay-off and for a gloss, I’m really impressed with how it wears. It’s a fairly thin formula so it doesn’t feel goopy. It’s slightly tacky and I would recommend the finger trick as I got a little on my teeth the first time I wore it, but I wouldn’t say it was sticky. It’s non-gritty and doesn’t have a scent or taste to speak of. I’m much more of a lipstick person than a gloss person but I can really, really see why these are so popular – the formula is wonderful and if the rest of the shades are this gorgeous I think I’m in trouble! Yes, for a gloss it’s pricey but if you fall in love with a shade, I think it’s worth it.

Have you tried any Chanel glosses? Any recommendations?

Chanel Glossimers can be bought from Boots for £21.00

4 comments:

  1. Aww I am so glad you like it :) for once I totally knew what I had to get you for Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg it's gorgeous over 'Rebel'! What a nice gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely looks awesome over Rebel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap