Social Icons

Thursday 12 January 2012

MAC Red and Orange Matte Lipsticks Swatches

Scheduled post today, kids, I’ll be back on Sunday!

I love MAC Matte lipsticks, so I thought I’d do a quick comparison of the orange/reds I have, mainly to convince myself I do NOT need any more.
Lady Danger
Lady Danger
Lady Danger is a super bright tomato red. It’s only available in pro stores which is such a shame as it’s beautiful. I really don’t get why this isn’t more widely available.
So Chaud
Mac So Chaud
So Chaud indeed! A bright red-leaning orange. It’s definitely orange to my eyes, although I see a lot of people list it as a red. If you’re scared of orange but would like to give it a go, well… this is really in your face, so I don’t think it would help with the fear factor but it is stunning. Obsessed with this colour.
Russian Red
Mac Russian Red
Classic  red, leaning blue-based. Lovely pin-up colour and I think it would suit a lot of people. I need to wear this colour much more than I do!
Such Flare!
Mac Such Flare!
Very Similar to Russian Red, but somewhat brighter. On the lips it looks more pink that RR to me, but looking at them together I’m not so sure. This was LE from the Glitter and Ice collection but you don’t need it if you have Russian Red already.
Viva Glam 1
Viva Glam I
Not too bright, not too dark – slightly brick-toned, perhaps? For a good cause and in my opinion will suit almost everyone. No arguments!
L-R: So Chaud, Lady Danger, Such Flare!, Russian Red, Viva Glam 1.
So Chaud Lady Danger Such Flare Russian Red VGI

I need to stop buying lipsticks that are all the same :/

9 comments:

  1. THEY'RE NOT THE SAME, SEE?! ... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww i love red lippys!
    i love every colour you put here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you needed all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have all of these...? Thank you! :) Haha, maybe you are convincing yourself that you don't need anymore, but you just convinced me there are some major gaps in my orange/red lipstick collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Russian red, definitely one of my go to reds for a pin up lippie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look amazing and I'm always telling myself I do not need more and then I just can contain myself and end up buying it anyway! Hope you're having a lovely time in the snow .
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooove Lady Danger and Russian Red, and I think I need the Viva Glam too. I've been thinking about brick reds lately...

    ReplyDelete
  9. But they are NOT the same!!! They are all special in their own way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap