Social Icons

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Guest Post: MUA Glamour Night Swatches by Rachael from The Beauty Spot

Hi guys! I’m on holiday, so please welcome Rachael from The Beauty Spot as my guest blogger today! She makes me giggle and has beautiful swatches, so please go and check out her blog :)

Hiya Peeps,
I recently picked up a few MUA palette's and the first one I have to share is the Glamour Nights selection :)
I wasn't going to pick these up until I saw a review on another blog and really for £4 you can't go too far wrong

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

All swatched dry no primer.

This is a really pretty palette with some really fun pops of colour to keep me happy. The hot pink is especially lovely and refused to be photographed nicely, my other favourite is the green :) it's a real shame these have no shade names but I understand MUA are introducing names going forward and will eventually backdate (they used a number system before) so everything is named which I'm all for!

There were only really a couple of duds in these 12 shades, the 2nd shade on the first row (purple) was dry and lacked pigmentation which is odd as the majority of the palette is very pigmented and easy to use :| Oh well you can't have everything right! Also the first shade (white) could be a bit more pigmented but I guess that is more personal taste.

Would I recommend this palette? Totally for £4 the quality far outweighs any issue with one or two shades. Also if this palette doesn't float your boat there are lots to choose from, I'm trying to collect them Pokemon style :P I have heard rumours that the Heaven and Earth palette is a good Urban Decay Naked substitute but I haven't tried it myself.

MUA now have a website (HUZZAH!) and you can buy from them here they also offer International shipping however it's not exactly cheap but at least the option is there.
Next up will be the Glamour Days palette :)

2 comments:

  1. I'd not paid any real attention to MUA before, but after this and a few things in other places I shall have to rectify that - I must admit, when I saw them in Superdrug I just assumed 'random cheapy crap' and didn't even really look [blush] Definitely going to on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are all gorgeous, but I am drooling over that pink!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap