Social Icons

Thursday 19 January 2012

Purple Party Look and Tutorial

I filmed my first tutorial yesterday! I hate Windows Movie Maker. Haaaaate. I also hate my other half (who I inevitably have to ask for help) for taking the piss because I bother to enunciate in the video. Annnyway, here’s the look, using one of the most beautiful shadows ever, Hi-Fi Between the Stars <3

2


3

Git yo’ hood up.

4

1


800

Eyes:
MUA Professional Eye Primer
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk
Hi-Fi Cosmetics Between the Stars (lid)
Purple from Sleek Bohemian Palette (crease and lower lashline)
MAC Gesso (to highlight, not shown... I'm not sure what happened to that clip!)
Kryolan Aqua Color in white
Collection2000 Extreme 24/7 Eyeliner pen in Black
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Wet n Wild Mega Sparkle Confetti in Lilac Frosting
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama gel liner
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown
Maybelline One by One mascara
Brandless eyelashes from local afro beauty supply shop.

Lips:
LA Colors lipliner in Smooth Plum
Gosh Light N Shine Lip Glaze in No 5


Face:
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Primer
Revlon Colorstay in 150 Buff
Hard Candy Glamoflague concealer in Light
Evil Shades blush in Violet Fire
NYX Mosaic blush in Highlighter

 

…And here’s the tutorial! Please let me know if you like it and then I will attempt to make more D:

 

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning ! And i loved watching your tutorial ! Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lady you are so brave, I don't think I would ever dare to a video. Awesome look, can't believe how steady handed you are with the liners, guess it's just practice? And maybe drinking less tea - I haz jittery caffeine hands and can't draw neatly for toffee, as an old lady might say. Gonna get me some of that lipgloss too, looks amaze against the plum. Cheers Robyn and well done you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this and i love the way you do your eyeliner!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Purple suits so well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great look :)

    just subbed to your channel ;)

    - marla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely look! I really enjoyed the tutorial, too. The white liner is such a great idea, too. I need to get some, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tutorial! Your voice/accent is perfection. You should definitely make more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful look, I love the lips so much. And great job on the video, I really enjoyed watching it. I love seeing exactly how different people apply cosmetics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous look, especially with the lips. ties everything together

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats robyn, the video was great! and I could really viev some more, so go ahead whenever you've got time for it!
    And the first shadow you applied looked so nice in the video, and I can't imagine how it's looking irl! gosh!!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh the purples and glitter and shiny lips!!!! Awesome look! The falsies look very natural, I thought those were real when I first looked. Great tutorial, I'd love to see more tutorials from you as I am trying to learn proper technique. I can always tell from your photos that you know what you're doing in the application department and it helps me to watch how people do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap