Social Icons

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Gotta catch 'em aaaaaaaaaaaaaall!






I used to LOVE Pokemon. I discovered it on some obscure cable channel before it hit big in the UK, and I felt like the shit for like, two years because I discovered it first. I had a truckload of cards, including loads of Japanese ones, books, toys, posters, and I would watch it religiously.

So, I decided to do pokemon nails.(I can almost guarantee explaining myself 10,000 over the next couple days.) Really simple pokeballs on most of the nails- I used a crappy, gooey old black instead of my newer one and the only red I have is from those striper/pen polishes and its not very opaque. So they suck. But look at my Pikachu! Yaaaaaaay! Ok, the cuticle area is a bit screwed up, but my white is also gooey and gross. Mostly I wanted to show this to you guys because I bought some nail brushes from eBay and the postman popped them through my door today. They were super cheap and so far, I'm loving them. I got fifteen for 99p and £1.99 shipping.







I was expecting them to be super cheap and nasty. And yeah, they are cheap, but they're not nasty. I know £3 seems like nothing, but really, I'd rather spend ten times that amount on a good product than waste my money on a shitty one. They come in a pouch and they all have a plastic tube over them to protect them, except the fan ones, which is great as all my nail stuff currently lives in a cardboard Disney box on my living room floor.

So you get a couple striper brushes, a dotting tool, two fan brushes (wtf do you use these for?) some angled brushes.... really everything you can think of. I'm not sure how long they'll last, but they were £3! I've been using the pens on my pen/striper polishes (which I got as a gift but you can get them really cheap on ebay too) but I want to use more colours, and the polish does seep out of the pens which is a pain in the ass. And unlike the striper pens, there aren't any stray hairs on these brushes to mess up your lines. One con is that the ones I've used are stained already, but this doesn't bother me personally.

I've never used nail brushes before, so I don't know what I'm really looking for specifically, or why they should be any different to regular paint brushed. But I am liking these and hopefully I can show you all some pretty nail art once I get the hang of them. Though my boyfriend wants me to do velociraptors next... :S

Love and kisses,
Robyn xxx

7 comments:

  1. OMG, this is brilliant... that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ Any suggestions on what geeky nails I can do next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nintendo game controllers somehow? Hmmm... that gives me ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Pikachu is INSANE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it wrong that I'm super proud of him and don't want to take it off even though the rest of my fingers are super chipped? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, game controllers? I could do that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this design!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap