Social Icons

Wednesday 7 April 2010

LOTD: Pink and Grey

Ok, so this is yesterdays look. Today I'm wearing orange with brown in the crease and a purple glitter cat-eye liner, but it didn't turn out quite how I wanted it, so no picture for you. Anyway, yesterdays look was inspired by this MAC face chart:



It's Lady Gagas look from the latest Viva Glam campaign. I LOVE the pink brows and next time I go clubbing or dancing I'm going to try this, coloured brows are so fun, and you can keep the rest of your make-up simple. I normally just mix pigments with water, colour in my brows, and add a lick of clear mascara, but I have bum-fluff blonde eyebrows, so its not difficult for me.

I wanted just to do the pink and grey, which I think is a gorgeous colour combination. I'm trying to make an effort to use my 120 palette a lot more than I have, but I'm finding it difficult as the colours seem really hard to blend. I tried to blend the pink and grey together with a brown, but it felt like the brown just wouldn't apply. Its really hard to layer these shadows and I had to use a black from one of my Sleek palettes in my outer V as the crappy black from the 120 just wouldn't co-operate. (Fear not, I sent it to bed with no dinner.) The matte colours in the palette are reeeeeally hard to work with, and I hope I get better payoff when my NYX pencils come. I still think the palette is great value, and I love the shimmers. Anyway, the look....








I suck at taking photos of my make-up! Flash or no flash? It's never representative. Still, you get to see me in my jim-jams, so I think thats a fair trade, no? I had to scrap the pink lips and brows because I was going to work but I think its come across very soft and pretty. I just did a nude lip with my Barry M lip paint in Golden Bronze, and a swoosh of Benefit 10 to give me a bit of a glow.


Theres two pics of my face because one is a (dorky) attempt to show you my nails. Zebra striped nails are so bloody easy to do, and look great. The pink nail polish is No 272, Shocking Pink, by Barry M, which I totally adore and is much more vibrant than my camera wants to pick up. Barry M nail polishes are a bargain, if you haven't checked them out before. They're only £3 each and the range of colours is fantastic. Its mainly creme colours, but they have some shimmers and glitters and the range is pretty consistent, apart from the yellow colour they have which takes about 59202847401 coats to become opaque. (I grounded it, and it shan't be watching any television.)

Thats enough yapping from me, swatches soon I promise!

Love and kisses,

Robyn xxx

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I SO adore your hair color ! Last time I went to the hair dresser, I asked specifically for that color with loads of pics , description (I know I am hysterical, don't throw pebbles !). And I wanted big waves. I ended up brunette with sleek hairs straight as hell...Never went back to the hairdresser since then ....
    For pics , I have the same problem as you have : Flash = no colors left, no flash = no representative of the true colors...

    Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hairdressers are the devil. I dont know if you can get it where you are, but I just use Schwarzkopf XXL. It does have bleach/ammonia in but they also make one that doesn't. This is after a month or so, so its pretty vibrant after this long for red hair colour. I think red would look great on you, fyi :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap