Social Icons

Monday 30 April 2012

Illamasqua Lipstick in “Test” and Sheer Lipgloss in “Torture”

Illamasqua have a deal on their website where you can buy a lipstick and a Sheer Lipgloss and save £6.50. Having had my eyeballs on “Test” since I found out it was in the gorgeous Sophie-i campaign and with a few quid in my PayPal account, I snapped it up along with a gloss that I thought would go nicely with it.

Illamasqua Test Swatch

Illamasqua “Test.”

*fans self.” Oh, my days. I know this shade might not be particularly exciting to most of you, but as someone who can’t really wear more traditional nudes, a pinky-brown that suits just gets my pulse racing.  Illamsqua describe it as “soft pink chocolate,” which reminds me of those pig sweets but childish craving aside is a pretty good description. (Maaaaybe it looks a little like a slightly pinker, matte version of MAC Blankety? I don’t have the two to compare. Maybe I should get Blankety…. Anyway.) A lot of people have gripes with Illamasquas lipstick formula and while this is certainly one of the better ones I’ve tried, if you don’t like dry lipsticks, this maybe isn’t for you. I love a good matte though, and this wears really well.

Basically I love it. I want to wear it at my wedding, that’s how much I love it.

Illamsqua Sheer Lipgloss Torture

Illamasqua “Torture.”

Not knowing whether I’d like the formula of these or not, I went for a sheerer colour that I knew I could just chuck in my bag. Torture is a light coral-leaning orange in the tube and looks a sheer coral on the lips. It’s a thick, slightly sticky gloss and as such, wears pretty well throughout the day. Alone, I think it’s a little expensive for what it is, but worth it in the deal. I also really like the squeezy tubes these come in – they look pretty slick.

Illamasqua Test and Torture

Illamasqua “Torture” over “Test.”

I thought the two might wear well together, and lookit! I was right. I love it when I’m right.

What are your favourite Illamasqua products?

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have this! I think. The name has worn off of the sticker, but I was pretty sure the color was Test... At any rate, it's a gorgeous color and it looks amazing on you. And your lips look so plush with the lipstick/ gloss combo! I'm going to have to experiment with layering on top of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to take advantage of that deal, but I didn't know what gloss I would be interested in trying. I sure do like the look of torture, also, Test looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's got a bit more colour than Blankety and yes, matte. Looks perfect on you, you're right x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh, test looks amazing. Blankety is kinda grey-toned. This reminds me of something else I have, but I can't put my finger on what haha. I'll get back to you on that, since my neutral-pink-brown collection is vast :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you're right, the Skinner women are always right, a hard cross to bear, but we soldier on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lipstick colour is gorgeous!
    They look lovely together, but personally as I'm not a gloss lover I prefer the stick on it's own more!

    Thanks for sharing!
    ..xX

    ReplyDelete
  7. can get around the fact of how much i love your super glossy lips! you're a cat! and though it's a very light gloss, it's still easy to like! i say high five to both of these, though i find the lipstick a bit dry for me taste but that's where the gloss comes in!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both soooo gorgeous and make your lips looks so lush! I haven't tried any Illa lip products but these are going on the check out list! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't bought test! Have been meaning to since the sophie-i photos went up. It looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful shades!
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh Test is REALLY awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap