Social Icons

Monday 31 January 2011

Ravishing: My Red Lip Product Collection







I used to think that, being a red head, I couldn't wear red lipstick as it "wouldn't go with my hair." Once I came to the realisation that nothing goes with my hair, my red lipstick collection expanded somewhat! I love a good red lip - especially as my go-to lazy look when I still want to look awesome is very much in the pin-up camp - but I still am too scared to wear them on a normal day, which is silly when I'll wear something crazy bright like Milani Rose Hip to work, no?

Right. Enough jabbering, more swatching.




-Nyx Round Lipstick in Fire


Gorgeous, creamy, pink-leaning red. I like wearing it with bright blue liner!

-Make Up Academy Lipstick Shade 8


Brickish-red shot through with gold sparkles. Really beautiful with a golden smokey eye.

-Barry M Lip Lacquer Crayon in no 3 Mandarin




-Coral red with orangey sparkles. I heard these were sheerer than their lipsticks, but I find this baby pretty pigmented. Certainly going to pick up the Cherry Red shade.


-Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in NSFW

-Bright red, leaning blue based. The OCC website annoys me because it calls this a 'Primary blue-based red.' Errrr, what? Anyway, I love this colour but I have trouble applying it neatly, as you can see!

- Barry M Lip Gloss Wand in no 9 Cherry Glitter





Light red-pink witth red glitter. Alone, it looks like my lips have measles or something. On top of another red (shown here over Sleek True Colour in Vixen) or even a pink, it looks gorgeous! Nasty artifical cherry smell, but it does fade.

-Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Vixen


-Fire engine time! An amazingly pigmented lipstick for less than £4! Sleek wins cool points.

-Barry M Lip Paint no 141 Royal Raspberry



Deep, plummy raspberry colour with slightly metallic finish. Dead sexy!

-Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipcolor E190 Royal Red


I think this is a pretty true red. I've had this for a good couple of years now - it was my first ever red lipstick! D'aaaaw! - so I'm not sure if it's still available. Edit: I have found it a few places, but it's not on the Maybelline stands anymore

-Make Up Academy Lipstick Shade 1

-Deep, glossy, blood red. A little darker in real life. Has a lot of slip to it.

-Nyx Round Lipstick in Hebe

Berry undertones, slightly metallic.

-MAC Viva Glam Cyndi


Perhaps it's not really a red, butas it doesn't look pink to my eyes, here it is. I guess it's a coralish red. Good for days when red is too scary but you need some colour, anyway.

-Make Up Academy Lipstick Shade 13


Perfect pin-up red for just £1. Again, a fair bit of slip but not you cannot argue with the colour for £1.

-Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Reincarnation



'Sheer' brickish red with blue sparkles. Ok, Fyrinnae says this is sheer, and I presume they mean the colour, rather than the opacity as I get quite good coverage. I think this is lovely and understated, but the blue sparkles really give it some pizazz!

-Evil Shades Deviant Lipstick in Devilista

Long-lasting cherry red. A really popular ES lipstick and I can see why!

-Nyx Mega Shine Lipgloss in Burdungy



Amazingly pigmented jewel-like burgundy gloss. On top, applied sheerly, below, applied thickly - the lighting is awful in both but you get an idea of texture and that it looks more jewel-like if you apply it thickly. I need to get round to trying this with a taupe smokey eye.

-Evil Shades Deviant Lipstick in Corset


Alright, so it's not a 'red' red, it's a blackened red, but here it is. I find it super flattering and long-wearing, as well as cheap as chips!

BeautyUK lipstick in Naughty


Glossy, minty, slightly orange leaning. No arguments at £3.49

Wet N Wild Shine On Lipstick in 514A Cherry Frost


Berry-leaning with tiny gold shimmers. A freaking steal at 99c. Love it.

Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipstick in '909D Coraline'


I think this is more orange than coral-based, but whatevs.

Cover Girl Lasting Perfection lipstick in 'Flame.'


Possibly similar to MAC Lady Danger? The blogosphere has been going nuts for this line of lipsticks and I can see why. I adore the formula.

MAC Matte Lipstick in 'Russian Red.'


Mother kisser don't budge.

Well, that's all. A humble collection compared to some, I'm sure, but I'm pretty happy with it! My faves of the bunch are Sleek Vixen, Evil Shades Devilista and MUA Shade 13. My wishlist is as follows - feel free to recommend more!

-Mac Lady Danger
-Revlon Cherries in the Snow, Fire and Ice (can't believe I didn't bloody buy it!)
-Illamasqua Sangers
-Evil Shades Diabolical Deviant Lipstick and Push gloss
-Fyrinnae Type A
-Boots No 17 Hot Chili
-Rimmel Lasting Finish in Retro
-Clinique Vintage Red, Red-y to Wear
-Kryolan LC010 and LC009

For more red swatchin' goodness, check out these awesome posts on Red Lipstick Black Liner and Beauty's Bad Habit!

13 comments:

  1. very nice my favourite is Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in NSFW so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that NYX gloss in Burgundy looks amazing!

    I also adore a red lip. My all time fav is NARS Heat Wave- an intense matte orangey red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleek 'Vixen' looks awesome! Gotta love red lips. As a red head, earthy, more natural colours will looks best on you - so just no synthetic bubblegum pinks etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love red lipstick. This is an awesome post. Thanks for all of the swatches!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your red lippie collection!

    Devilista is definitely one of my favorites too. I also layer it with Stiletto and get this in-between shade of fuchsia and red. For orange-red I love Mac's new kissable lip colour in Strut Your Stuff.

    I find Reincarnation a little difficult to wear because I end up having blue glitter all over my face :D Any hints on how to prevent that from happening?

    I have to disagree with Beauty's Bad Habit, I'm a red head and love cool toned bubblegum pinks on me, purples too. I'm not much into color rules when it comes to makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay. I neeeeed the Barry M cherry glitter lipgloss! Need!! And I cant wait til you get Lady Danger, red lipstick and redheads are one of my favourite combinations! Im thinking of putting my hair through bleaching hell to go red...

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaah, so manny pretties, I love red!
    However I don't get why everyone's considering Cindy as a red, to me it's more a pink, but since the majority's against me on this... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of reds! Too funny that you think nothing goes with your red hair! I think you can pull off just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have some awesome reds, it really reminds me that my collection is so tiny! I love the MUA Shade 1, wasn't expecting that from such a budget line! Also the Sleek color is fantastic and that red glitter over it is just beautiful. haha... measles...

    I can get you some of the stuff on your list, I think you'd like NYX Chaos (but you do have some similar to it honestly), and I think you'd like Bordeaux from Rimmel (I have a pic on my blog somewhere). If you want Russian Red in the WW packaging, or Lady Danger, let me know as I think it's cheaper for me to CP them for you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. nyx fire looks incredible on you! vixen does too.....nice nice, i love a red lip!

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, what a great collection of swatches! I love the Fyrinnae the best though - looks like it would be the most wearable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many gorgeous red lippies! Thanks for swatching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so pretty! You've got lovely shaped lips :) I've been looking for a swatch of Royal Raspberry, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap