Social Icons

Monday 26 September 2011

Disney Collaboration with Fierce Nerditude: Pinocchio inspired look

I'm not going to lie, this film scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. If you drink, you turn into a donkey?! What the hell?! Terrifying! At least Pinocchio himself is cute.




                                                                                                         
                                                                                                               Don't I look fucking stoked?


Eyes: All shadows from Sleek Bohemian, red liner Inglot matte gel liner in, blue liner Ulta in Ink.
Lips: Hardy Candy Glossaholic in Lush
Face: Benefit 10

Man, mascara smudges. My bad. I think I got the colours totally wrong... I wanted the focus on the yellow, for his hat, add some brown, because, you know, made of wood and all that jazz, and keep the colours in the liner but I think I went too dark with the blue and should have added some of the lighter blue and white. However, I think this was a fun look without being too in-your-face - I wore this to work!

I gave Vijaya Minnie Mouse to do this week so go and check out her look!

13 comments:

  1. This is such a nice way to wear yellow - with navy! i should try this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is as cute as Pinocchio :D lovely!

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice use of yellow I struggle with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that yellow, and the liner goes really well with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right; Pinocchio was scary as hell as a kid. But now I can't look at him without thinking his nose looks like penis.

    Sorry, got distracted by the penis nose. Gorgeous look as always little missy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple and so effective! Looks cute on you Robyn - yellow shadow's one of those things that grabs attention but isn't in your face. And Pinocchio = horror movie. Still can't watch it. Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the message of the donkey thing was something along the lines of 'drinking makes you a jackass'. xD Visual pun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be honest, a lot of Disney movies were pretty scary to me as a kid. Dumbo, Pinocchio, Alice In Wonderland (Off with her head!!!)... I love how you can pull of yellow eyeshadow so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this post and you know why. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm jealous of your ability to wear yellow, especially with a lighter colour in the crease. *is jealous because she's a mutant* and LOL at your 'fucking stoked' face

    ReplyDelete
  11. love yellow with navy combo...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely liner, the red is real subtle. PS Mascara smudges? Where? xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet! I love the wearable yellow look. Pinocchio was a rather disconcerting movie now that I think back to my childhood......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap