Social Icons

Saturday 21 July 2012

Quickie Review: Illamasqua Illumine Oil in Volt

Ah, Illamasqua. How I love thee for being a higher end brand that has sales! Seriously, the Illamasqua sales are fab, and always start at a fiver, so you can get something posh and pretty for dead cheap, which is obviously marvellous. I snapped up a few bits and bobs including the Illumine Oil in Volt for the measly price of £7.50 (rrp £25.00, 100ml)

 

Illamasqua Illumine Oil in Volt

Illamasqua Illumine Oil Packaging

illamasqua volt

Damn, this shiz is hard to capture on camera! It’s shot through with larger pink sparkles and fine ultra-violet blue shimmer (you know what I mean, the colour of blackout lamps!).  I bought this to add a little something-something to my legs when I don’t want to wear tights.

volt swatch

The shimmer is very subtle when smoothed over the skin  (you can see it on the bottom of the photo, the top has no oil) but you can see the blue shimmer better in real life. It dries down quite quickly allowing you to layer the shimmer effect, although bear in mind that it *will* rub off during the night. Also use a mitt or wash your hands afterwards otherwise everything will be shiny and blue! It does leave my legs feeling nice and soft, and it smells great!

I love this product, but I wouldn’t have paid the full price as I just think it’s too expensive. I’m really glad I have as it's a similar sort of effect (though more subtle) as long-discontinued Lush Glitterbug which I used to adore for a night out on tiles. Body oils as a product are a very personal preference I feel, but if you generally like them, I really can’t see you having any complaints with the product at the sale price.

What say ye to a bit of body shimmer? Yay or nay?

7 comments:

  1. Like the idea but I never have the pins out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome looking! I only ever see oil with gold or bronze shimmer suspended in it, but this is a completely different feel... Love it.

    I really like that Illamasqua has sales too, but once I factor in the exchange rate and shipping, it's almost just the same as buying it locally from Sephora... Oh well, maybe someday I'll bite the bullet just so I can get some of the awesome rockin' products we don't have access to here in the States!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so tempted to get this in the sale, but something stopped me (didn't stop me getting other things of course). I feel a little bit of regret now I've seen your swatches, and the fact that it has a scent to it, my nose doesn't nose. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. this isn't even on their website anymore :( bummer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love adding a bit of shimmer, especially to the legs and decolletage, for a night out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hell yes to shimmer!!!
    And your description of that shimmer was so funny haha!! And the never ending problem of capturing colours with camera.... Ugh!!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap