Social Icons

Monday 6 August 2012

Experimentin’

A few looks I was just sort of dicking around with that don’t really deserve posts of their own, but are sort of cool anyway…

 

funky liner

funky liner 2

Barry M Dazzle Dust and 120 Palette green with Inglot Duraline.


Okay, this one looks a bit ropey and my brows are all screwed up, but I *had* been wearing it for a long time by the time I’d got home and took pictures. I was bored at a shoot in between takes so I wanted to play with liner.  I was really brave and wore it home with Illamasqua Apocalips! Quite a feat seeing as I was in Essex…

gross drag makeup 2
gross drag makeup

Sleek Storm palette, Illamasqua Powdered Metal in Thalia, Viva Glam Gaga 2, a random Barry M lipliner.

WELL THIS IS FUCKING TERRIFYING. I was watching drag and wanted to do a deep black eye with dark brows, and use my new Illamasqua bronzer, and then I thought I’d do some sort of nasty, over-liner, wrong-lipliner look just for shits and giggles, and I don’t like it. Ah well. Moving on…

dodgy union flag makeup

MAC Gesso, Sugarpill Lumi, Royal Sugar and Love+, Inglot white gel liner, Barry M Dazzle Dust in Cherry Red, Inglot Duraline.

A not-very-good photo of not-very-good Union flag makeup! It looked better with my eyes more open, and I had my other eye done the same. From a distance it looked cool, but I didn’t have much time to do it so I wasn’t happy with it. I wore this to go to Hyde Park for what’s now being called “Super Saturday” – Team GB smashed it with 3 gold medals in athletics and more in rowing and cycling. It was an amazing day and I’m glad I wore patriotic makeup, even if it wasn’t much good!

What have you been experimenting with?

7 comments:

  1. Great jobs, the first pic is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so cute, I actually really like the 2nd one

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look like lots of fun! I play around with makeup sometimes, too, doing looks that aren't necessarily attractive, but are fun... Maybe I should start taking pictures of them, but I don't know that I'm brave enough yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the 2nd one! Maybe not the lips, but I love the eyes and brows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fun! I love playing and taking pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the deep smoky eye on you! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got to go watch stuff in the Olympics? Jealous!!! I don't like sports at all but for some reason I rather enjoy the Olympics. I also enjoy how you wore Apocalips out in the daytime, wouldn't it be fun if everyone wore bright experimental makeup every day?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap