Social Icons

Friday 11 November 2011

Tape Manicure Fails

I’ve been playing with tape manicures this week, and let’s just say I’ve not got it down yet!

 

tapemanicure

This is Zoya Robyn and L.A Colours Live layered with… ugh, a sheer green from Kiko. While I like the idea of this, I don’t think I should have used one of the foil-y, micro-glitter polishes as the lines haven’t come out so crisp. I also think I should have made the spikes larger.

purpletapemanicures

Sorry for the terrible picture quality here. This Barry M Purple on the top layer and the same Kiko polish as a base. This looks awful on camera but nicer in real life, I promise. I’m not happy with it at all, though – the purple polish was very thing and I think it snuck under the tape a little, especially where I crossed it. I’m going to try with a nice opaque creme polish next time and perhaps switch up my tape – I’ve been using masking tape and I think I might need to try scotch tape.

 

 

Have you tried layering tape for manicures? Any tips for me? Pleeeease?!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think these are fails. It took me a few times to get a tape mani look decent. It's a lot of work - don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one! I want to try some tape manicures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what tape manicures are. *goes to Goggle now* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these look pretty neat! I've had many nail fails lately, I've been trying to use nail art pens and various other things and it's just not going to happen, lol! I have no idea how to do a tape manicure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap