Social Icons

Monday 4 November 2013

Quickie Review and LOTD: Vivo Colour Block Eye Palette in Dreamy

Another palette from Vivo today! A contrast to the Show Me The Money! palette, Dreamy is full of lovely neutrals. I believe this is the same as the MUA Undress Me palette, which handily I don’t have! One of many alternatives to the Urban Decay Naked palettes that have popped up over the last year or so, I was really keen to try this one out.


DSCF4100


DSCF4134

All swatches over bare skin.


Top Row: Starry, Clay, Neutral, Eternity
Middle Row: Night, Dreamy, Luxe, Dove
Bottom Row: Stone, Tease, Sand, Twinkle

Again, not bad for bare skin, hey? Lovely pigmentation! My favourite here is definitely Clay, which I know I will use up right away as I always do when I have this type of colour in a palette – its just a perfect crease colour and I love to use this type of shade to blend out blacks and darker brows. It’s really nice quality for a matte, too! Stone is a very beautiful, cool pale taupe colour which I’ve been loving as a wash all over the lid for work. I love how rich Twinkle looks as well - a pretty damn nice selection of neutrals here, I must say!


DSCF4298

DSCF4319

Eye: VIVO Clay in crease, Tease all over lid and lower lashline with Stone in the centre, Night in the crease and Neutral to highlight inner corner and browbone.
Cheeks: Bourjois Delice de Poudre no 52, Boots No 7 Vital Enlightening Highlighter.
Lips: VIVO matte lipstick in Pucker Red

DSCF4328


DSCF4347

Eyes: VIVO Twinkle and Starry on the lid, Tease and Night on outer corner and lower lashline, Sand on brow and inner corner.
Cheeks: Bourjois Rose D’Or
Lips: VIVO Colour Stain in Sweet Dreams (sheerly applied)


What else can I say other than this is a really nice neutral palette?  Two lovely highlight shades, some pretty taupes, a good matte black and a good blending colour for £3.99? If you don’t have a good neutral palette in your life, go and get this one. You won’t be sorry. I know a lot of people are ‘allergic’ to neutrals, and I used to be one of them, but seriously, if you don’t have a neutral palette, I’d pick this up as it’s also going to be a lovely accompaniment to the brights in your collection – Twinkle with a bright blue perhaps? Stone with a deep mossy green? Clay to blend out a bright purple?

What’s your favourite neutral palette or shade?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love those metallic neutrals! What a lovely palette. And the looks you made with these shades are lovely. Lately I've been using a lot of Urban Decay's neutrals; from both the Naked palettes as well as neutrals from the past Books of Shadow (Book of Shadowses? lol) and the original Vice palette. I also have a quad of Inglot neutrals that I love. Can't go wrong with neutrals; I use them most days of the week since I'm supposed to have more subdued makeup for work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't bad I do need to invest in more neutral palettes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap