Social Icons

Monday 20 December 2010

Damn you, GWP

It's pretty rude to go Christmas shopping and not buy yourself a present too, right? Well, I desperately needed a new mascara and when I popped over to the 17 stand in Boots to check out their Wild Curls mascara, I noticed this little puppy...




My fourteen-year-old self was excited by the tacky packaging but when I opened the palette I was actually pleasantly surprised:




Not looking too shabby thus far...



Sparkly golden-white, silvery taupe, blackened shimmery olive, bronzey taupe, satin purple and satin charcoal colour.

Crappy swatches, 'tis true. The shimmery white isn't great shakes, but it's not awful, and the taupey shades are lovely. The olivey colour need some sort of base but all in all, I'm happy. The shadows are pretty soft, so the roses have been ruined just from swatching, I think this would make a cute stocking filler for all the er... fourteen year olds in your life. And it was free when you spend £6 or more, hooray!

Robski xxx


P.S: Ooooh, I joined that Twitter thing! @robynheartsslap

7 comments:

  1. The colors are pretty. I like the packaging too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could bare to mess up that rose design! It's so prettay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if that should be bear or bare.....I'm thinking bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it bad that I like the tacky packaging? The shades look pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of those colors are beautiful. And I love that it's all serious sparkle, not just wimpy standard frost. What a great gift for Christmas.

    P.S. Looks like we have all the same beauty muses!

    http://mystylecanvas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to grab this palette too - I can't believe they were giving it away for only a £6 spend, I love the browny taupey shade middle right. I'm really impressed with the quality of 17 make up recently :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap